**BURN BAN EFFECTIVE 7/12/24 @ 1 PM UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE**/**Office Staff is located in the trailer located on the North Side of the parking lot until approximately October 2024.**

East Manchester Township York, Pennsylvania

5080 North Sherman St Ext.
Mount Wolf, PA 17347
Phone: 717-266-4279 | Fax: 717-266-0429
Hours: Mon - Fri (8am - 4pm)

Residential Permits

Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) Occupancy Request Form– AKA In-Law Quarters. This form has detailed instructions of how to obtain occupancy to have living quarters for relatives in a single family dwelling. Definitions and ordinances are within this form.

Accessory Structure Permit Application– Including, but not limited to decks, patios, sheds, pole buildings, garages, cart ports (two sides or more open), porch, stairs, awning, gazebos, hot tub. See the details in the application.

Block Party’s and Like Events – This checklist should be followed when township roads are being requested to be closed for events such as block parties, runs/walks, etc…

Change of Use and Occupancy – When the use or occupancy of a structure is being changed, this form should be filled out.

Demolition Application

Driveway/Sidewalk and Curb Application – For expanding/extending your existing driveway, creating a new driveway, overlaying your existing driveway, and/or doing work within the right-of-way (such as if your contractor is going to tie into the roadway, even with an overlay you will need this permit). Residential lots are only permitted to have one driveway, although there is an exemption. Please see the attached ordinance to the application. Please remember that new additional surface, 200sq/ft or bigger, will need a Storm water review and you may be required to do stormwater management for your additional driveway. *** Please note that if you are building a new house, you do not need to fill this application out. You may include the driveway information and plans with the new construction submittal.***

Dumpster/Storage Container/Job Trailer Permit Application

Fence/Wall Permit Application – This is for fences and retaining walls. See the details in the application.

Group Home Occupancy Application – You will need to contact the Zoning Officer first to see if a group home is a permitted use in the zoning district the property in question lies in.

  • Group Home Procedure – This procedure is pertinent for your group home submission. Please follow this document closely.
  • Business Registration Form – This form should be included in your group home submission.
  • Occupant Registration – Property owners: Any property you own within East Manchester Twp. and rent out is to be reported to the township. It is the property owner’s responsibility to keep this information current.

Junkyard Application

Residential New Construction Permit Application– This includes new homes, new non-residential structures, additions, and alterations. The procedure is on page two (2) of this application.

No-Impact Home Based Business – Please contact the Zoning Officer before filling this document out to discuss your business. Any kind of business on your property will need approval before conducting business.

  • Business Registration Form – This needs to be filled out by ALL BUSINESSES, even if they were an existing business within the Township or anywhere, we need a new one every time they are occupying a new space.

Occupant Registration – Property owners: Any property you own within East Manchester Twp. and rent out is to be reported to the township. It is the property owner’s responsibility to keep this information current.

Parade and Procession Application

Peddling/Soliciting License

Pool Permit Application– This is for any pool that is higher than 24” (inches), which need Uniform Construction Code Inspections. See the details in the application.

Sign Permit Application

Waiver of Permit Time – You will sign this Waiver when the Zoning Officer needs more time to process your permit due to more processes involved.

Well Permit 

Withdraw OR Hold Permit Application – You will fill this permit application out if you need to HOLD or WITHDRAW your existing permit submission.

YARD SALES– You no longer need a yard sale permit for a yard/garage sale.  The regulations for yard sales still apply. You may have a yard sale for 3 consecutive days.  You may hold 2 sales per calendar year. If you exceed these regulations, you will receive a notice of violation and may be issued citations. Thank you.

Stormwater Management

Stormwater Management Guide Items 200 square feet to 999 square feet will need a minor stormwater review (additional $150 review fee) and items that are greater than 1,000 square feet and all new homes will need a major stormwater review (additional $350 review fee). The Township Engineer may require you to account for added stormwater.
Please contact the township office for assistance.

Link to Stormwater Management Page

All Permits are in PDF format and may be downloaded and printed. You will need ADOBE READER installed on your computer in order for your computer to download the permits. If you do not have the latest version, you may download it free from the ADOBE web site