Beginning July 1, 2022, Republic Service will be the Township’s new Trash Hauler. Click this link for more information. This page will be updated to reflect that change closer to July 1st. Thank you.
Additional Recycling Source: The York County Solid Waste Authority
Penn Waste accepts unlimited amounts of recycling and cardboard of any size and any quantity. Please break down boxes as flat as possible.
Township residents must contact Penn Waste to set up their own account.
Waste collection service is provided on Wednesdays.
Recycle bins can be picked up at the township office. If you have excess trash, you can purchase a Penn Waste trash bag at a cost of $5.00 each at the township office.
Yard Waste is material such as tree trimmings and shrubbery, grass clippings, fruits, and vegetables, tree stumps, dirt, and stones ARE NOT considered yard waste and WILL NOT BE picked up by Penn Waste.
Please follow the guidelines below on how to prepare yard waste:
- Place yard waste in biodegradable brown paper bags or bundle it with biodegradable twine in easy-to-handle bundles.
- Bundles may be no longer than four feet in length.
- Bundles may not weigh more than 30 pounds each.
- Branches may not exceed six inches in diameter.
- Once prepared, yard waste must be placed at the curb on the scheduled pick up
daybefore 6:00 AM.
- If you need to exceed your bag limit you may purchase “tag a bags” or “pay per bag” at the East Manchester Township Office or Penn Waste for $5.00 per bag beginning July 1, 2020.
Contact Penn Waste at 717-767-4456 or 866-575-8720, if you have questions about the yard waste collection guidelines
If you’re bagging your grass clippings, you’re not doing your back or the environment any favors! If you use a lawn mower with a mulching blade, leave the grass clippings lay on the ground for a greener, healthier yard. Rather than bagging all of those grass clippings, leave the clippings lay on your lawn. It is best to mow frequently so the large amounts of leaf and grass residue do not remain on the surface of the turf. Grass clippings are a natural fertilizer for our grass as they contain a large number of the nutrients our lawn needs to it keep looking healthy. Don’t waste your money on expensive lawn fertilizers. Reduce your yard work and yard waste all while saving water (grass clippings are 85% water). In the end, you’ll have greener grass and a wallet with more green in it!