Beginning July 1, 2022, Republic Service will be the Township’s new Trash Hauler for three years and an optional 2 additional years.
Republic Service Mailer – Includes Trash Calendar
Cart Handout – How to place your cart.
Additional Recycling Source: The York County Solid Waste Authority
Republic Services accepts unlimited amounts of recycling for free. Please break down boxes as flat as possible.
Township residents must contact Republic Services to set up their own account.
Waste collection service is provided on Wednesdays.
If you have excess trash, you can purchase a Republic Service tags at a cost of $10.00 to be used for up to a 32 gallon bag.
Yard Waste – For Yard Waste Days – October 12, 2022 and May 17, 2023.
Yard Waste is material such as tree trimmings and shrubbery, grass clippings, fruits, and vegetables, tree stumps, dirt, and stones ARE NOT considered yard waste and WILL NOT BE picked up.
Please follow the guidelines below on how to prepare yard waste:
- Place yard waste in biodegradable brown paper bags or bundle it with biodegradable twine in easy-to-handle bundles.
- Bundles may be no longer than four feet in length.
- Bundles may not weigh more than 30 pounds each.
- Branches may not exceed six inches in diameter.
- Once prepared, yard waste must be placed at the curb on the scheduled pick up
daybefore 6:00 AM.
- If you need to exceed your bag limit you may purchase “tag a bags” from Republic Services for $10.00 per tag beginning July 1, 2022.
Contact Republic Service at 1-800-210-9675, if you have questions about the yard waste collection guidelines
If you’re bagging your grass clippings, you’re not doing your back or the environment any favors! If you use a lawn mower with a mulching blade, leave the grass clippings lay on the ground for a greener, healthier yard. Rather than bagging all of those grass clippings, leave the clippings lay on your lawn. It is best to mow frequently so the large amounts of leaf and grass residue do not remain on the surface of the turf. Grass clippings are a natural fertilizer for our grass as they contain a large number of the nutrients our lawn needs to it keep looking healthy. Don’t waste your money on expensive lawn fertilizers. Reduce your yard work and yard waste all while saving water (grass clippings are 85% water). In the end, you’ll have greener grass and a wallet with more green in it!