|Dave Gentzler||Public Works Directoremail@example.com|
|Shane Haugh||Highway Leader|
Public Works Information:
|Leaf Collection||Limb Trimming||Street Sweeping||Snow Removal|
Trees & Branches – Property owners are responsible for removing, trimming, cutting, or otherwise rectifying trees, bushes, and shrubs on their property which overhang a sidewalk or right of way creating a hazard, obstruction or sight problem. Trees not maintained may be trimmed or removed by the Public Works Department to keep highways and sidewalks clear and safe.
Street sweeping is generally planned for the Spring Season. We start with the priority roads, then secondary and continue working toward development streets. Traffic barrels with street sweeping/no parking signs will be placed at development entrances at least a day before starting, watch for these and do not park on the street. You may sweep your curb and sidewalk dirt into the street once the barrels are placed. Please be patient, weather and machinery will interfere with the schedule.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
TOWNSHIP SNOW MANAGEMENT PLAN
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY CALL 911
East Manchester Township recognizes the importance of snow removal, not only to
Note: State Roads are NOT plowed by East Manchester Township.
Our goal is to clear all streets within 18-24 hours after snow has stopped falling.
This Plan, with your cooperation, will
- Please be patient. Salting/anti-skid mix is applied to streets within 3-4 hours after roads become slippery. If you can, wait for this application before you travel. Trucks begin with Priority Streets then move to secondary streets.
- The Public Works Department begins plowing when it is determined that at least 2 inches of snow can be measured on the roads. Plows are ineffective in smaller amounts of snow.
- With the start of plowing, The Township Manager, Chief of Police or Director of Public Works Declares a Snow Emergency.
- During a Snow Emergency please do not park on streets until the snow is removed.
- The Public Works Department plows approximately 100 streets.
- Priority is to clear Priority Roads. This work usually takes 6-8 hours after snow stops falling. Crews begin plowing secondary roads after clearing all priority roads. These roads are usually cleared 12-16 hours after snow stops falling. Crews then move to rural roads and cul-de-sacs.
- During severe, longer storms every effort will be made to keep all roads open during the storm. Plowing of Priority roads may have to continue to keep these streets open. Deep snow may require multiple passes.
- Crews are instructed to rotate the starting point of secondary roads each storm.
- Operators attempt to clear all streets to curb or edge of the pavement.
Sidewalk and Driveway Clearing
- Plowing, blowing, or shoveling snow onto township streets is strictly prohibited. If you pile snow on the street beside your driveway entrance the passing plow will simply deposit the snow back into your entrance. Plow or blow the snow into/onto your property, this will reduce the amount the plow pushes into your entrance.
- Sidewalks – sidewalks must be cleared within 24 hours after snow stops falling. Do not pile snow between the street and sidewalk, it could be pushed back on the walk by the passing plow.
- Parking Lot Clearing – Dumping snow or ice onto Township Street, Sidewalk, or Public Property, plowing snow across public streets, is strictly prohibited.
- Operators attempt to plow to the edge of the pavement, please keep your box beyond the edge or curb. Overhanging boxes damaged will not be repaired.
- Heavy snow rolling off the plow can sometimes damage boxes. Damage due to pushed snow will not be repaired. A good, strong mailbox or a mailbox designed for heavy snow (cantilever post), usually withstand the storm.
- Operators do not clear snow for mail delivery, it is too time-consuming.
The following list includes all streets designated as priority streets.
- Bartlett Drive
- Board Road
- Beshore School Road
- Brickyard Road
- Canal Road
- Chestnut Street Extended
- Dellinger Road
- Espresso Lane
- Gravel Hill Road
- Hillview Drive
- Jerusalem School Road
- Loucks Street
- Manchester Street
- Meeting House Road
- Mundis Race Road
- Park Street
- Riverview Drive
- Second Street
- Steamboat Blvd
- Sunset Drive
- Willow Springs Lane
- York Street
(Listed Alphabetical by Development Name. Bold are also Priority Streets)
- Asbury – Riverview Dr, Abbey Dr, Asbury Court, Devonshire Court, Burberry Lane, N Burberry Lane, Canterbury Dr, Coventry Cross Rd, Westminster Court
- Brylea – Brylea Drive
- Catalina – Catalina Dr
- Conewago Creek Area – Park St, Hill St, Old School Lane, Creek Bottom Rd, Griffith Lane North, Griffith Lane South, Sweitzer Court, Finks Drive
- Chestnut Valley – Board Rd, Chestnut St, Pebble Beach, Torrey Pines, Riviera, Lynne Dr, Payne Dr, Austin Dr, Cog Hill Way
- Dauberton – Forge Hill Rd, Boxwood Rd, Dogwood Court, Dogwood Lane, Holly Court, Poplar St, Poplar Court South, Juniper Court, Spruce Court
- Morningstar Hts – Don Rene Rd, Bonita Dr, Horseshoe Bend Rd
- Forge Hill – Dellinger Rd, Dellinger Farm Court, Forge Hill Court
- Greenfield & Greenwood – Beshore School Rd, Evergreen Terrace, Fern Dr, Greenfield Lane, Greenfield St, Hazel Dr, Hickory Dr, Ivy Dr, Locust Court, Emerald Court
- Kennington– Board Rd, Steffie Dr, Becky Lane, Lynne Dr
- Northern Heights – Brendon Mews, Bryn Way
- Orchard Business Park – Willow Springs Lane, Bartlett Dr, Espresso Way
- Orchard View – Fig Tree Way, Crabapple Court, Beechwood Drive
- The Oaks – Oak Dr, Acorn Dr, Brook Dr
- Sherman Oaks – Apple Tree Ln, Beechtree Ln, Bitternut Rd, Hackberry Dr, Laurel Dr, Olde Hickory Rd, Silver Maple Court, Sweet Gum Court
- Poplar Estates – Poplar Lane
- Saginaw – York St, King St, Locust St, Second St, Fourth St, Fifth St, Paw Paw Ave, Woodland Lane
- Smith Gardens – Sunset Dr, Loucks St, Corriedale Dr, Cottage Dr, Devco Dr, Lincoln Place, Merino Dr, Orchardview Dr, Rosedale Dr
Rural Roads – Bear Rd, Blossom Drive, Gut Road, Shady Lane
State Roads that are not plowed by East Manchester Township:
George St/181, Zions View Rd, Sherman St/24, Wago Rd, Saginaw Rd, Market Street, Codorus Furnace Rd, Mt Hebron Rd, Board Rd (between Manchester Borough and Church Road), Starview Rd, Conewago Creek Rd, Canal Rd/921, Locust point Rd, Long Rd
To download this information in PDF format in order to print it, CLICK HERE.