Each spring the Public Works Department sweeps the Township streets. Sweeping helps protect our waterways and keeps our neighborhoods clean and livable. Debris on the streets can clog storm drains and pollute our lakes and rivers.
Spring street sweeping begins in March 2021 and it takes about 5 weeks to complete.
Which streets will be swept?
All streets owned and adopted by the Township will be swept. Streets in new subdivisions under construction will be the responsibility of the subdivision developer. Private streets are the responsibility of the condominium/townhouse development owner.
- “No Parking signs” — Crews will post “No Parking” signs at least 24 hours before sweeping residential streets. Parking will be banned from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the day of sweeping.
How can residents help?
To provide efficient and quick sweeping, our equipment needs to get to the curb without obstructions. Please observe the following:
- Try to avoid Monday to Friday daytime parking on your street if possible.
- Do not put your garbage/recycling/yard waste containers on the street.
- Small stones on the curb and sidewalks, can be swept onto the street.
- Safety is important for everyone, so please watch children carefully when sweepers are on the roadway.
When will the sweeping be finished?
The spring street sweeping program typically takes about 4-5 weeks to complete and could be delayed by cold or wet weather, parked vehicles or excessive amounts of winter anti-skid material.
Your cooperation and patience is greatly appreciated!