Yard Waste Collection is on May 13th and October 14th of 2020.
Yard Waste is material such as tree trimmings and shrubbery, grass clippings, fruits, and vegetables, tree stumps, dirt, and stones ARE NOT considered yard waste and WILL NOT BE picked up by Penn Waste.
Please follow the guidelines below on how to prepare yard waste:
- Place yard waste in biodegradable brown paper bags or bundle it with biodegradable twine in easy-to-handle bundles.
- Bundles may be no longer than four feet in length.
- Bundles may not weigh more than 30 pounds each.
- Branches may not exceed six inches in diameter.
- Once prepared, yard waste must be placed at the curb on the scheduled pick up day before 6:00 AM.
- If you need to exceed your bag limit you may purchase “tag a bags” or “pay per bag” at the East Manchester Township Office or Penn Waste for $4.50 a bag and $5.00 a bag beginning July 1, 2020.
Contact Penn Waste at 767-4456 or 866-575-8720, if you have questions about the yard waste collection guidelines.
Each spring the Public Works Department sweeps the Township streets. Sweeping helps protect our waterways and keeps our neighborhoods clean and livable. Debris on the streets can clog storm drains and pollute our lakes and rivers.
Spring street sweeping begins on March 2, 2020 and it takes about 5 weeks to complete.
Which streets will be swept?
All streets owned and adopted by the Township will be swept. Streets in new subdivisions under construction will be the responsibility of the subdivision developer. Private streets are the responsibility of the condominium/townhouse development owner.
- “No Parking signs” — Crews will post “No Parking” signs at least 24 hours before sweeping residential streets. Parking will be banned from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the day of sweeping.
How can residents help?
To provide efficient and quick sweeping, our equipment needs to get to the curb without obstructions. Please observe the following:
- Try to avoid Monday to Friday daytime parking on your street if possible.
- Do not put your garbage/recycling/yard waste containers on the street.
- Small stones on the curb and sidewalks, can be swept onto the street.
- Safety is important for everyone, so please watch children carefully when sweepers are on the roadway.
When will the sweeping be finished?
The spring street sweeping program typically takes about 4-5 weeks to complete and could be delayed by cold or wet weather, parked vehicles or excessive amounts of winter anti-skid material.
Your cooperation and patience is greatly appreciated!